Mashed potatoes can be used in stews and oven dishes. But you can also serve it with meals, as a side dish. The basic recipe of mashed potatoes is a perfect starting point for a successful meal.
Classic mashed potatoes
This recipe for mashed potatoes is easy and basic, but delicious.
- Potatoe masher
- Cooking pan
- Potatoe peeler
- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in quarters
- Place the potatoes in the pot, add water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutesHint: If you use a lid, the potatoes don't have to be completely in the water. Half way is enough. This saves energy
- Prick the potatoes with a fork to check if they are cooked. The fork should slide in very easily, but ideally the potato does not break in two. (Then you cooked them a little too long)
- Drain the potatoes. Mash the potatoes with the potato masher
- Add the milk and butter and mash again until well blended